[Requested] Tutorial: Marina's look in "Lies" MV
Hi! I'm finally posting a long awaited makeup tutorial! This tutorial was requested by my friend Megan. She mentioned that I seem to only do tutorials on Asians and thought that it would be neat to see me do a tutorial on a non-Asian person. So I was like why not? It'll be fun!
This look actually reminds me of the gyaru-look because of the long bottom lashes. So if you guys would like a natural gyaru-look this tutorial can help, too! I also really loved Marina's hair in the MV. It was very classic Hollywood-like and reminded me of the 1950s.
Anyway, let's get started on this!
As you can see from the blog title, I'll be doing a tutorial of Marina's look from her MV "Lies".
(I know the angle is off, but this was the closes I could get...I look so bad in this angle but oh well aha)
- First, I filled in my eyebrows with a light brown eyeshadow. I used "Buck" from the Naked palette. I wasn't confident enough in using a dark color because I don't think I can pull it off. I also arched my brows more to be like Marina's.
- Next, I highlighted my brow bone so it can emphasize on the arch.
- Then, I added eye primer like usual so the eyeshadow will lash longer and be more vibrant.
- After that, I used a light off-white eyeshadow on my eyelids. You can use any whiteish colored eyeshadow.
- Then, take a brown eyeshadow, I am using "Buck" again, and swipe it on the outer V to create a smokey look.
- Then, I took more of the "Buck" eyeshadow to darken my crease. Gently find your eyesocket and apply the eyeshadow there.
- When I was done with that, I brought the color down to my lower lash line and applied on the outer 2/3 of my eye.
- Next, line your eyes and wing it out. If you have trouble winging out your eyeliner all in one step then just line your eyes normally without winging it and then follow your lower lash line to wing it out.
- Then, tight-line the upper waterline. This makes your lashes look thicker and intensify the eyes.
- Then, take a white eyeliner and line your waterline so it can make it seem larger and brighter.
- Curl your lashes.
- Apply mascara and give generous coats if you are not going to use falsies.
- For your bottom lashes to help figure out were the place them use an eyeliner and dot 4 dots.
- Apply your bottom lashes. I did not have any so I improvised and used individual lashes that are meant for the the top lashes. I just cut them so they can be shorter. You can leave them as is, but I felt like they were way too long for my eyes.
Next add, bronzer for a warm, bronze-y glow.
Draw a heart using a liquid or any other liners you have.
When you are done with the bronzer, apply a nude lip color, and you are done!
Here's the final look on the eyes:
Here is how it looks without flash:
Here's the final look!
This was the only decent not blurry picture I took...
The black this is the cami I'm wearing underneath - not a bra.
Hope you guys liked this tutorial!
I liked it haha.
When I was done with my makeup and hair for this look, I felt like a barbie. This is the first time I curled my hair since the second bleaching I did, too. It's a bit messy, but I am still getting used to the new curler.
If you have an other makeup tutorial requests or requests for anything please leave a comment below or in my chatbox or email :).
Thanks again for reading!