Hair Update: How I achieved my current blonde hair10:09 PM
I finally have time to post my outcome of my hair!
An anon asked me to post more pictures of my hair so this post will contain that and what I did to achieve my current hair color.
Here is a before & after picture so you can kind of see how light my hair has gotten.
Both of these were taken at the same spot but on different days.
The "before" was back in February and the "after" was taken today.
Below is how it looks like with the lighting from my living room window.
As you can see, depending on the lighting of the room, my hair color looks different.
Yellow light = more yellowy hair
White light = more white blonde hair
Okay, please excuse my facial expression haha.
I'm just trying to show you guys the front and back of my hair.
How I achieve my blonde hair with the help of my bf:
I bought these from Sally's Beauty Supply. I linked the pictures so you can click on them to get to the direct page of the product.
The main reason why I bought these was because they were on sale for a great deal haha. You can buy which ever bleach or developer you want.
- I mixed the bleach and developer together according to the directions. I used about 3x the amount because I have very thick and long hair. If you are unsure then just make one batch and when you run out or need more, make another.
- Then, my bf applied it to my roots first, and after that he applied it to the rest of my hair.
- I left it in for about 40 minutes, but you can leave it in until you reached your desired hair color. DO NOT EXCEED ONE HOUR. I only left it in for 40 minutes instead of a hour because we had to be somewhere that day. Otherwise, my results would have been lighter.
- Then, I rinsed and condition my hair and that's it! I recommend to not use any heat products right after and just let your hair air-dry to prevent further damage to our hair.
- [Optional] Apply toner. I didn't use toner because I didn't have any at the time and was planning on toning my hair later on, but a lot of people said that they like my current hair color on me so I just left it how it is. If I do end up toning my hair, I will edit this post or make a new post comparing how my hair looks with and without using toner. [EDIT: toner]
Here are more pictures of me and my new hair:
Most of these are from my ipod so the quality is pretty low, sorry about that!
If you guys have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below! I will try my best to reply back, but keep in mind that I am not a professional so I can only answer your questions based on my experience and current knowledge.
Hope this helps and have a great day!